This season is a great time to ensure your roof can protect your home all year round. Though roofs can weather a lot, it’s important to monitor them and get maintenance and repair when necessary.
Protecting Your Roof From Storm Damage
Though we are moving out of the rainiest season, there are still dangers to your roof from large storms. There are some steps you can take to make sure that obvious issues are addressed and that your roof’s integrity is intact.
- Clean your gutters. If your gutters are full of leaves and debris from the fall and winter, it’s important to get those cleared. Otherwise, rainfall won’t be directed away from your home like it’s intended. Instead, water will damage your siding and your home’s foundation. Clean gutters prevent this.
- Get roof maintenance. A simple roof repair is useful if you have loose, dented, or cracked shingles. Even if you can’t see the damage, that doesn’t mean it isn’t there, especially if you had rough storms. Professional roof maintenance can spot issues that you’d miss, and make sure your roof is protected.
- Trim overreaching tree branches. If a hailstorm or a lot of wind can lead to weak tree branches falling and damaging things. If there are branches hanging over your home, they could cause serious damage to your roof in severe storms.
Signs of Storm Damage
If your home has been through some harsh storms, here are some signs that you may need roof repair:
- Cracked, dent, or broken shingles
- Missing shingles
- Cracked flashing
- Mold or plant growth on the roof
- Dark spots or water damage on the ceiling
- Mold, mildew, or moisture in the attic or walls
Some of these issues point to gaps in the roof that have already caused serious water damage in your home. A professional roof repair can help prevent further damage.
When your roof needs protection or repair from storm damage, contact the experts at Rogue Valley Roofing.