Many people in the Medford, Oregon area put lights on their homes during the holidays. Decorating may require getting a ladder and installing lights along the roof of your home. This season is an excellent opportunity to check your roof for any maintenance needs!
- Look at the roof and notice if any shingles are curled or look damaged. If you have water that gets under the shingles on your roof, then it could cause a leak into your home.
- Make sure there isn’t a buildup of snow that sits on your roof. If snow sits for too long, it can cause an ice dam and eventually leak.
- Check the flashing on your roof to make sure that it isn’t peeled up or chipped.
- Inspect your gutters to make sure that there isn’t a buildup of ice or snow. Allowing snow and ice to buildup in your gutters can cause them to tear away from your home, which requires repair services.
- If there are high winds, check your roof for wind damage. Repair any spots on your roof that incur damage right away.
- If you notice debris on your roof, remove it right away. Debris, such as leaves and other grime, can rot and cause mold, mildew, and trap water on your roof.
- Consider having the ventilation in your attic inspected. An attic that has poor ventilation or insulation can allow your roof to age faster and need more repairs.
If you notice any problems with your roof during the holiday season, call for maintenance services right away. Keeping your roof maintained regularly will give you the benefit of having a roof that lasts for a long time. When neglected, maintaining a roof is costly. Consider preventative maintenance if you want to be a step ahead of any potential problems with your roof. You should also have a professional inspect it if you can’t safely use a ladder to take a close look at your roof or remove debris.